Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pictures

The picture above is of the empanada stand I eat at Daily. I Have befriended the owner, Hugo. My favorites are the carne suaves. I have three empanadas and a beer for either lunch or dinner almost daily.

This next one is of myself, as shot by Jorge, eating breakfast. Tostadas, dulce de leche, queso blanco, peach marmelade, a couple pieces of fruit and most importantly mate. I´m holding the borrilla (not sure about the spelling, forgot my dictionary) to my mouth. It´s a metal straw with a filter on it for suckling morning mate.

This shot is in the Plaza Congresso where my school is located. The statue is Rodins "Thinker". It has always been a favorite of mine. There are two in the Americas: one at the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, the other here across the street from school in BA.

Another from you know where.

A Uruguayan fisherman at sunset. Thats all for now. Chao.

1 comment:

Sandy Hume said...

Hola Juan!
I've enjoyed reading your "diaries" and I'm in awe of your adventurous spirit. Your parents and Uncle Mark and I had a wonderful visit - we spoke of you often and missed you. You're very lucky to have the parents you have, but you already know that. Loved the photo of you eating breakfast or whatever you call it. My French is better than my Spanish, but both suck. Please stay safe and know that we all love you and hold you in our hearts!
Sandy