Friday, May 18, 2007

Adios Buenos Aires

I arrived in San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina this morning at about 10, after a twenty hour bus ride across the breadth of Argentina. I woke up to moonscape, predawn light just bright enough to make silhouettes of the few landforms on the horizon, most of them puffs of papmpa grasses. When I opened my eyes again the sun had peeked above the horizon and we were winding around dark lakes and the beginnings of the andes. I write this from my hostel surrounded by towering snow capped peaks, The Andes. The city itself sits on Lago Nahuel Haupi. I sat on the bank this morning and watched the waves wash the stones...the most cristal clear grey blue water I've ever seen. I watched the surging water rise and bend my vision of the colored stones it rushed over, I could see the bottom clearly through a four foot wave. I don't know what I'll do today, when I'll leave this place, or where I'm going next... But it is nice to be away from the city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi John Cooley.

Yours is the first blog I have ever visited! Great pictures and comments. Stay safe and well!

Maureen Ruiz